The Bioscience Discovery and Evaluation Grant (BDEG) https://www.cu.edu/techtransfer/proof/state.html program supports development-oriented research to accelerate commercialization by reducing inventions to operational practice and validating their ability to address significant biomedical and economic problems or applications.
Since the program’s inception in 2006, $9.9 M has been awarded to over 60 University of Colorado projects and over 100 investigators with over $22 M in follow-on grants and investment received by BDEG awardees, to date.
Minimal eligibility requirements:
• $50,000 and $200,000 budget
• Directed toward validation of proprietary technologies and products, invented at the University of Colorado
• Directly enhance human health, agricultural production, or biofuel production
• An invention disclosure to the technology transfer office by August 17th, 2012
• A 1-page Letter of Intent and project summary https://www.cu.edu/techtransfer/proof/BDEG_2011_app.html by August 17th, 2012, including proposed specific aims (which may be amended for the final submission) and a tentative budget. Further guidance https://www.cu.edu/techtransfer/proof/state_guidelines.html in the full proposal is available online or from your TTO licensing manager after LOI submission
• Matching grant fund commitments in project proposals (ask your TTO case manager about details)
• Consultation with TTO case manager, clinical or commercial advisors prior to full application
• If you are applying for OR HAVE RECEIVED CCTSI CO-Pilot AND Team Science grants, discuss this with your TTO licensing manager
• Focus on applied science, clinical/translational, or commercial objectives, with likely downstream commercial research investment being a key selection criteria
For questions, please contact your invention case manager at TTO, or call Rick Silva mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=State%20bioscience%20grant , 303-724-0222 (UC-Denver) or Kate Tallman mailto:email@example.com?subject=State%20bioscience%20grant , 303-492-5732 (CU-Boulder and CU-Colorado Springs).
FULL PROPOSALS https://www.cu.edu/techtransfer/proof/BDEG_2012_app.html WILL BE DUE BY 5:00PM SEPTEMBER 7TH 2012
Here is the correct weblink for the 2012 application information: https://www.cu.edu/techtransfer/proof/BDEG_2012_app.html