Deadline: 1 page concept and biosketch to Dr. Traystman by January 25, 2013
More Information: htpp://wmkeck.org
If interested in applying to the W.M. Keck Foundation for the next cycle, please submit a one-page concept and biosketch to Dr. Traystman, Vice Chancellor for Research, and Megan Cooke, CU Foundation, by January 25, 2013.
The Foundation is interested in funding projects that fall under one of two categories: Science & Engineering or Medical Research. The Foundation can offer awards up to one million dollars.
They are interested in:
• Basic Science early in the process.
• Cutting-Edge Research. Your project must be novel, distinct, and pioneering; it must push the edge of the field, present unconventional approaches, and challenge the prevailing paradigm. The Keck Foundation often finds it appealing if traditional sources of funding find the project too risky and are unwilling to support it.
• Impact. If successful, your project must have the potential for transformative change.
• Instrumentation. They like the development of promising new technology.
• Senior and early-career investigators are acceptable.
The Foundation does NOT Provide support for clinical trials or for disease-specific research. Support for research in hospitals is not currently a focus.
• Concept Deadline – after review and selection by the University, one-page concepts will be submitted to the Foundation prior to February 15, 2013
• Phase 1 Application Deadline – May 1, 2013
• Full Proposal Deadline – August 15, 2013
Single-paged concepts should include:
(1) an abstract/overview of the research proposed emphasizing any unique aspects;
(2) a mention of pilot studies or data, if any — including unpublished findings — that support the idea;
(3) a brief description of key personnel;
(4) a brief justification of the need for Keck support;
(5) an estimated budget broken down, if possible, by major areas, e.g., personnel, equipment, consumable supplies, etc. (Budgets can be rough approximations at this stage). The researchers are free to add other details (e.g., background to put the research into perspective, description of the institution’s prominence in the field, etc.) if there’s room. The Foundation will not fund indirect costs and they only allow up to 10% of the PI’s annual salary.
For additional information, please contact Megan Cooke at the CU Foundation: email@example.com or 303-724-6339.